February Rider of the Month
Jenna is part of the Women’s Cat 1/2/3 Team!
1. What is your profession/job title?
Content Producer and Athlete Content Management — which is just fancy wording for writing copy and playing with hashtags.
2. Which SDBC team are you on?
Women’s Cat 1/2/3 Team.
3. What's your go-to song to pump you up before a race?
Last season it was a lot of Black Panther soundtrack, Grimes and Frank Ocean. My listening habits are eclectic, but as long as it gets me psyched I’m game!
4. Do you have any goofy rituals you do before/during/after riding?
Not sure if it’s goofy, but I like to race in white socks.
5. What’s your favorite meal to eat after a long ride?
My true guilty pleasure has to be Salt & Pepper Kettle chips—the big bag. Not exactly a meal, unless you eat two bags…
6. What’s your favorite race and why?
San Luis Rey Road Race, for a few reasons! Not only is SLR one of the last road races remaining on the calendar in So Cal, it’s relatively local so I love supporting this race. I was also lucky enough to win this race as a cat 4 after coming back from a pretty bad separated shoulder injury— along with 8 weeks off the bike—so I feel pretty emotionally attached to this race as well. Leading up to the race, I was riding the trainer 8-10 hours a week and told myself the work would be worth it, and it definitely paid off.
7. How did you find out about SDBC?
Once I started racing, it seemed like all the awesome local women raced with SDBC, so that’s where I wanted to go. I love being part of a team that is also affiliated with a club that does so much for our local cycling community.
8. What’s your favorite flavor of Fluid??
Passion Fruit Tea with caffeine!
8. Anything else you would like to share?
Riding bikes has allowed me to make amazing friends, explore new places, and create some of the most memorable experiences of my life so far. If you’re not riding bikes, you’re missing out!