October Rider of the Month
Roger recently joined SDBC but has been a long time racer!
1. What is your profession/job title?
I am the owner and chief mechanic at Bernie's Bike Shop in Ocean Beach in operation for nearly 30 years. Because I am 6'4'', I developed my own racing frames because nothing fit me!
2. Which SDBC team are you on?
Masters Road, Track and Mountain Bike Teams.
3. What's your go-to song to pump you up before a race?
I don't listen to music before racing - yeah, I know, I am old school.
4. Do you have any goofy rituals you do before/during/after riding?
I roll around and talk to everyone then when the race starts, I am usually the guy in the back.
5. What’s your favorite meal to eat after a long ride?
Jack in the Box tacos.
6. What’s your favorite race and why?
Points Race on the velodrome - because it is more an endurance race with many opportunities for scoring so it is exciting to watch.
7. How did you find out about SDBC?
I raced against SDBC as a junior, but SCBC has always had a great prescence in the racing community. I joined recently after a long break from USAC racing.
8. What’s your favorite flavor of Fluid?
8. Anything else you would like to share?
I am looking forward to participating in the UCI Masters Track Worlds competition.