October Rider of the Month
Heather is part of the Women's 1-2 team and a kindergarten teacher!
1. What is your profession/job title?
I am a Kindergarten Teacher in my 36th year of teaching. I turned 60 last June. Yikes!
2. Which SDBC team are you on?
I am a member of the Women’s 1-2 team.
3. What's your go-to song to pump you up before a race?
Do you mean my go-to pre-race food?? Ha Ha! PB&Orange Marmalade - always, no fail.
4. Do you have any goofy rituals you do before/during/after riding?
I say a prayer on the start line of every race, no crashes, good racing, and a Thank you Lord as I cross the finish line, not goofy, but true. I may even say a little prayer before the Sat rides too!
5. What’s your favorite meal to eat after a long ride?
As a rule, I eat anything, anywhere, anytime…..especially after riding.
6. What’s your favorite race and why?
I love the criteruim in Yuma, fast, 10 turns and super interesting. Dana Point is a favorite too, and Barrio Logan. Always fun to race downtown or in town.
7. How did you find out about SDBC?
When I started racing in 1985, SDBC was the only game in town. Lots of support, good team mates and a big group to beat, especially up Torrey Pines which was the last part of the Saturday ride.
8. Anything else you would like to share?
SDBC is a great team, with terrific participation in the community. Good support of the juniors and I am proud to be a part of a club with such a rich history.