Rider of the Month
Stella is a sophomore in high school and is part of the Juniors team!
1. What is your profession/job title?
I am 15 years old and I am in 10th grade at San Diego High School.
2. Which SDBC team are you on?
I'm on the Juniors team and I race on the Velodrome, Road, and also do Cyclocross.
3. What's your go-to song to pump you up before a race?
Probably Stigmata by Ministry, but Terrible Lie by Nine Inch Nails is a good one too.
4. Do you have any goofy rituals you do before/during/after riding?
Not really, but my dad and I have the tradition of going to IHOP after the Ontario Criteriums.
5. What’s your favorite meal to eat after a long ride?
A fried egg on rice with fried spam.
6. What’s your favorite race and why?
My favorite criterium course is the Jurupa Valley Grand Prix, which is now gone, and my favorite race on the Velodrome is the Keirin.
7. How did you find out about SDBC?
I found out about SDBC through a fellow Junior, Noelle Camanyag. I was looking for a club, and SDBC was the perfect fit.
8. What’s your favorite flavor of Fluid?
Definitely the Blueberry Pomegranate: It’s the perfect flavor for a long ride!
8. Anything else you would like to share?
I’d like to give a special thanks to all of the amazing SDBC Women, with extra kudos to the amazing Pat Murray, Esther Walker, and Angela Lee for being such a huge support to me through the years.