Rider of the Month
Lan is part of SBDC's Women Master Racing team!
1. What is your profession/job title?
2. What's your go-to song to pump you up before a race?
"On And On And On" by ABBA
3. Do you have any goofy rituals you do before/during/after riding?
In the morning before the race, I look at my eyes in the mirror and say “Yes I can”. During the race , I just count my breath “In , Out”. After, EAT, what else!
4. What’s your favorite meal to eat after a long ride?
5. What’s your favorite race and why?
In Match Sprint, I have to think about the tactic against the other racer. Sometimes I was able to beat the faster racers just because of tactics. My second favorite is Team Sprint. We have to go fast from the get go and try to stay together to make us look pretty.
6. How did you find out about SDBC?
Friends, been riding with them for years. My favorite girl friend is Pat Murray and I keep saying I will race for SDBC for more years. I am happy to be on the same team with her and Esther Walker is my favorite racer to watch. She inspires us.
7. What’s your favorite flavor of Fluid?
All of them
8. Anything else you would like to share?
I love baking cookies and cake to share with my teammates and friends.