Rider of the Month
Pat is a member of the SDBC Women's Team and Mountain Bike Team. She works as an instructional Lab Technician at Grossmont College School of Nursing.
1. What’s your go-to song to pump you up before a race?
OneRepublic - When the Love Runs Out.
2. Do you have any goofy rituals you do before/during/after riding?
I use chapstick non-stop waiting for a race - that's my nervous tick.
3. What’s your favorite meal to eat after a long ride?
Rubios!! Classic Shrimp Burrito.
4. What’s your favorite race and why?
The Team Pursuit is my favorite race (velodrome) because it is a team race that utilizes everyone's abilities to the maximum. It is a dance of timing and cohesion like nothing else I have ever experienced on the bike.
5. How did you find out about SDBC?
I couldn't ride on Saturdays, so I first started riding with SDBC's Sunday ride with Michael Pelkey. Serge Issakov would have to tell me to get on his wheel because it was too fast for me when I first started. :)
6. What’s your favorite flavor of Fluid?
Cinnamon Vanilla (Recovery), I have it right here next to me!
7. Anything else you would like to share?
I never understood how a 'race' could be a 'team event' until I raced with the SDBC Women's Team. Even if you don't step onto a podium box, if your team-mate does, everyone on the team is a winner. There have been so many races over the last few years where competitors (and even team directors) have approached the SDBC women to compliment our teamwork. That we are known as a hard-working experienced group is a wonderful feeling.