May Rider of the Month
Maddy Ward is a member of the Women's 1/2 SDBC team. She is 23 and a 2017 graduate of UCLA!
1. What’s your go-to song to pump you up before a race?
The entire Black Panther album is pretty bomb.
2. Do you have any goofy rituals you do before/during/after riding?
Sadly none that I can think of.
3. What’s your favorite meal to eat after a long ride?
4. What’s your favorite race and why?
Sea Otter Circuit race, because I just raced it yesterday so it's fresh in my mind haha but also the course really plays to my strengths and I love the fast descent on the Corkscrew.
5. How did you find out about SDBC?
I met Esther, Katherine, and Lily through collegiate racing and once I moved back to San Diego after graduation I was very excited to be on their team.
6. What’s your favorite flavor of Fluid?
7. Anything else you would like to share?
I want to thank my parents for their endless support as I continue to grow as a cyclist. And also I am so happy and proud to be a part of the SDBC women’s team. I've made lifelong friends and it's so fun to get to race with such a talented group.