Rider of the Month
Evan is a member of the SDBC 1/2 Team. He is a junior at UCLA studying applied mathematics.
1. What’s your go-to song to pump you up before a race?
I always default to the Dropkick Murphys. But somedays call for a little gangster rap too.
2. Do you have any goofy rituals you do before/during/after riding?
I’ve been caught smiling and waving at gopros mid corner while crit-banging-That’s always a favorite. Oh and the pre-race meditative porta potty weight loss regiment is a must.
3. What’s your favorite meal to eat after a long ride?
A tub of Ben and Jerry’s. Not too picky on flavor, as long as it’s not Cherry Garcia.
4. What’s your favorite race and why?
That’s hard because there’s so many good ones. I loved the Tour of the Battenkill while it was still around (RIP). The one time I got to do Boulevard it was my first road race and that was a blast (RIP). Nevada City Bicycle Classic had an amazing vibe to it and was incredibly brutal. Sea Otter circuit is cool just being a Motogp fan. And I always like the tension behind the national championship races. Everyone shows up with lofty dreams, but inevitably, they’re always crushed…
5. How did you find out about SDBC?
They’ve been around for years. I remember the old red kits and thinking they were so cool looking. Can we go back to red next year??
6. What’s your favorite flavor of Fluid?
I definitely have been slamming some of the Blueberry Pomegranate lately. Perfect mix of light, hydrating, and delicious!
7. Anything else you would like to share?